- What’s your book about? Have an elevator speech: a one minute sentence describing your book.
- Write a working title. Cute, memorable, or mysterious is better. You may want to have a 2 part title. For example: Wind & Wing: A Love Story from the “Greatest Generation” or Beginning Astrology: All You Need to Know to Read Your Chart
- What is the genre of your book? Search in the bookstore; find the publishers that publish the kinds of books you think you want to write.
- Set a time to write. What works for you? Set Pick reasonable options for you, daily or weekly.
- Find a comfort zone. Some folks like to write in a quiet zone or a beautiful place. Some like commotion and coziness. Get your place ready, and then set your appointment with yourself. Keep your appointment!
- Set deadlines for yourself. Plan to put part of…
View original post 254 more words